Scarcroft is a long established WI and will be celebrating its 95th birthday in 2018. We endeavour to keep the traditions of the Women's Institute, but try to make sure we are up to date and relevant to the women involved.
Sadly, Scarcroft doesn’t have a post office, shop, school or church where people living in the area can bump into each other… Fortunately, we do have a Village Hall with excellent facilities. The Village Hall events are therefore great opportunities to meet and get to know people.
Our monthly meetings include demonstrations, talks on a variety of subjects and interactive events. There is always time for a chat over a cup of tea, glass of wine or both!
Please see ‘What’s On’ page for events planned during 2017.
The group always welcome suggestions and requests for specific events from members.
A year's membership to the WI costs £39 in 2017 (pro rated if you join during the year for new/first time members).
- Membership of Scarcroft WI with a years programme of events
- Eight issues of the WI membership magazine - WI Life
- Eleven issues of the West Yorkshire Newsletter – ‘e’ or ‘paper’ version
- Having your voice heard, making a real impact on local, national and international issues
- The opportunity to learn, develop and pass on new skills
- Belonging to something special; making friends, working as a team, having fun
- Chance to support the local community