Scarcroft Village Leeds
Scarcroft Village Leeds

SCARCROFT PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on Monday 21st January 2019

at the Village Hall, Scarcroft at 8.00pm

PRESENT:       Councillors: B Murray (Chair),J Wright, E Goodall, P Swain, R Middleton, A Marshall, R Angus, P Campbell

IN ATTENDANCE:       G P Carter (Clerk)

  1.  

PUBLIC REPRESENTATIONS

None made

Action

 

  1.  

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies were received from Cllr Thompson

 

  1.  

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND CONSIDERATION OF DISPENSATIONS

None made

 

  1.  

POLICE

A written report was received which showed that in December there had been reports of1 x burglary of a business, 4 x domestic burglaries, 1 x non-specific theft, 1 x theft of motor vehicle

 

  1.  

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL of MINUTES of the MEETING held on Monday 19thNovember 2018 at 8.00pm

Minutes approved and signed as a true record by the Chairman

 

  1.  

PLANNING

a. 18/07261/FU/NE 16 Heather Vale- detached garage, additional vehicle access with gates and alterations to existing driveway. Resolved to ask for same conditions as had been applied to previous application.

b.19/00251/FU/NE Land and Derelict Premises Wetherby Road- One dwelling. Resolved to comment- The PC recognise there had been a previous dwelling on the site, but the site is now subject to TPO, and any development needs to respect the wooded vista from the A58/entrance to the village.

 

 

 

 

  1.  

ORGANISATIONAL MATTERS

  1. Resolved to purchase 6 additional planters
  2. Resolved to set precept at £26,000, a reduction ( -1%) on last year
  3. Resolved not to produce a leaflet advising of referendum on NDP, but to put up posters and notes on the website

 

 

Clerk

  1.  

FINANCE 

  1. Resolved to pay accounts presented

 

G P CarterSalary Clerk January £541.36

Plan Ahead C’tsNDP amendments£500.00

  1.  
  2.  

M H ThewlisPayroll services Oct- Dec£33.00

J WrightWebsite and Internet fees£66.05

G P CarterSalary Clerk February£541.36

 

  1. Receipts noted
  2. Balances noted

 

  1.  

DEVELOPMENT GROUP

The Neighbour Development Plan is subject to a referendum on 14.2.19. The village hall will be used as the polling station, further information about the Plan can be found at www.scarcroft.org and at https://www.leeds.gov.uk/planning/planning-policy/neighbourhood-planning/scarcroft-neighbourhood-plan

 

 

 

 

 

  1.  

VILLAGE MATTERS

  1. Audley had not responded to email. Resolved to contact them again.
  2. The village hall is to be externally repainted. Resolved to pay for this.
  3. Village Hall Committee asked if the PC would consider upgrading toilet facilities, the PC asked for 3 quotes to be obtained for the work required.

 

Chair

  1.  

NEXT MEETING

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.50pm. There will be no meeting in February. The next meeting will be on 18.3.19at 8pm.

 

 

 

 

………………………………………………………………………….   Chair

                                                      …………………………..   Date