Scarcroft Village Leeds
Scarcroft Village Leeds

SCARCROFT PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on Monday 16th October 2017

at the Village Hall, Scarcroft at 8.00pm

PRESENT:       Councillors: P Swain (Chair), P Thompson,

J Wright, P Campbell, A Marshall,

R Middleton, E Goodall

                                               

 IN ATTENDANCE:      G P Carter (Clerk)

  1.  

PUBLIC REPRESENTATIONS

A member of the public complained about the notice board on Ling Lane being overgrown by bushes. Cllr Thompson volunteered to arrange for it to be done.

 

  1.  

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies were received from Cllr B Murray and Cllr R Angus

 

  1.  

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND CONSIDERATION OF DISPENSATIONS

Cllr Goodall declared an interest in item 6b, and left the room whilst it was discussed and action agreed on.

 

  1.  

POLICE

A written report was received. There had been no reported crimes in September.

 

  1.  

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL of MINUTES of the MEETING held on Monday 11th September 2017 at 8.00pm

Minutes approved and signed as a true record by the Chairman

 

  1.  

PLANNING

  1. 17/06023/FU/NE -15 Thorner Lane - New gate to front. The PC considers the gate to be too high for its setting, and not in keeping with other properties on Thorner Lane.
  2. 17/05860/FU/MIN - Beechgrove Farm- Micro scale AD plant uses slurry as a feedstock. No comments
  3. 17/06434/FU/NE -3 Heather Vale -  Raised ridge height for second floor extension with dormer windows at front and single storey rear extension. No comments.  
  4. 17/06393/FU/NE - 15 Thorner Lane - Conversion of existing detached garage into roofed habitable space; new flat roof. The PC considers that there is a precedent in a similar situation, where conditions have been applied to prevent the sale of any such conversion as a separate dwelling, and wish the planners to impose such conditions on this application.
  5. 17/06470/FU/NE – Delphstone House, Ling Lane- single storey rear extension. No comments.
  6. 17/06546/FU/NE – Sandiway, Wetherby Road -Retrospective application for first floor extension to rear and part two storey to side and rear and part first floor extension to side. No comments.

 

  1.  

ORGANISATIONAL MATTERS

  1. Playground opening – Arrangements for the formal opening were finalised, resolved to purchase refreshments. Benches will be fitted on Tuesday, permanent signage will be erected before the formal opening.
  2. Christmas Tree lighting event - Kippax Band have confirmed they will attend for the same fee as last year. PS will speak to the landlord of the New Inn, and confirmed he has the hymn sheets. AM agreed to be contact for LCC for the event, if necessary. It was resolved to ask the children of the largest donor towards the playground to perform the ‘switch on’. PT will provide sound equipment and lamps.
  3. Resolved to purchase winter bedding plants for the planters, PT to order and collect.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

AM/PS/PT/ Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

PT

  1.  

FINANCE 

  1. Resolved to pay accounts presented

               AY Ltd Playground grass cutting  £120.00

G P CarterSalary Clerk Oct £485.35

G P CarterMobile phone £20.00

AYLtd Playgroundgrasscut/weed spray£180.00

Pushkin SignsPlayground signage£64.20

 

  1. Receipts noted
  2. Balances noted

 

  

 

  1.  

DEVELOPMENT GROUP

  1. NDP – the consultant was finalising work on the document, following comments received, and it is on target to hold a referendum next year.

 

 

 

  1.  

VILLAGE MATTERS

  1. An email of thanks for the grant awarded to Scarcroft Cricket Club was noted.
  2. Playground – RA had contacted Timberplay re moving one of the stepping logs; probably only one more grass cut needed this season; EG had applied for permission to crown lift a TPO tree to the rear of the car park. The PC noted that it was delighted to see that the playground was being very well used in all weathers.

 

  1.  

NEXT MEETING 20.11.17 at 8.00pm

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.10pm. The next meeting will be on 20.11.17 at 8pm.

 

 

 

………………………………………………………………………….   Chair

                                                      …………………………..   Date